Bright Line Eating Boot Camp Day One Part One
Today's meal plan is:
- 1 ounce oatmeal (before cooking) -- Grain
- 2 ounces chopped pecans -- Protein
- 1 Banana -- Fruit
- Chai Tea with no sugar or milk added
- Cinnamon on the oatmeal/nut/fruit mixture.
It was delicious and it's 11:45 now and I'm just getting hungry. Of course I went to the Gym this morning and have been busy and not bored, so not thinking of food.
- A big 8 ounce salad with arugula, spinach, spring mix, tomatoes, shredded carrots, and sliced red pepper -- Vegetable
- 4 ounces tuna -- Protein
- Salad dressing of 1 T olive oil and 2 T balsamic vinegar -- Fat
- Apple -- Fruit
- 4 ounce Chicken garlic sausage -- Protein
- 6 ounces cooked brocoli (fresh steamed) -- Vegetable
- 6 ounces cooked green beans (frozen bag in microwave) -- Vegetable
- 1 T Butter to add to vegetables -- Fat
My measurements had only changed a bit since I last did them in 2013. In a few places I'm a tad bigger. I also recorded bra size and clothing sizes for another frame of reference. I plan to weigh just once a week and I'll take measurements again at the end of the boot camp.
So, this is what I look like in my workout clothes in bad photos taken by myself in the mirror at 220 pounds, 5'7". According to my BMI which = 34.5 I am obese. Now I do think of myself as overweight but I just can't see myself as obese. You judge from the photos. In order to not be obese I have to weigh 191 pounds. So I'm in the obese category by 29 pounds even!!
Here's what I look like in another recent photograph, watching the partial eclipse on August 21, 2017:
Here's a video of me walking on the beach a couple of months ago, so you can judge for yourself whether I look obsese -- in fact 29 pounds into the obese range.